Summer 2019 – Registration
The Summer Programs runs for 8 weeks starting July 2nd and ending August 23, 2019
All registered athletes over 10 years of age are permitted to attend our after school program (4-6pm) starting June 3rd and then in September until the 27th, 2019
Due to our National Competition, there is no programs running the last week of August (August 26-30).
***Before you can proceed to our Registration page you MUST read and accept our Policies and Procedures by checking the check box at the end of this page.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
When deemed unsafe by our Head Coach due to white caps, thunder or severe rain, the children will not be going on the water. If you do not have alternate arrangements for your children on these days, they are welcome at the club however we have limited space and therefore limited activities.
The following is a list of the most important rules of the club that must be strictly adhered to at all times. We appreciate you taking the time to go over this list with your child/children to ensure a safe environment for all involved in our program.
1. NEW*** U16 and under paddlers shall wear a Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Canadian Coast Guard or Transport Canada Approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD) or similarly approved life jacket while engaged in on-water training activities.
2. All participants not passing the Red Cross Swim Kids Level 6 swim test will be required to wear life-jackets.
3. U10 participants are NOT allowed to leave the property without accompaniment by a legal guardian or person previously designated by the legal guardian.
4. The Sackawa Canoe Club strongly recommends that all to U17 and up who are novice to level 3 paddlers wear a lifebelt for additional flotation in the event of a spill.
5. The designated swimming area is off limits to the boats.
6. The boat docks are not a swimming area and proper care is to be taken by people using these docks. Rough play will not be tolerated on the docks, boats or anywhere on the grounds.
7. Sackawa’s kayaks and canoes are continually being repaired and all paddling staff will review with their paddlers the proper handling and care of the boats. Abuse of boats will not be tolerated and will be dealt with severely and promptly by suspension of the person(s) from the paddling program for a period of time and/or other actions as determined by staff and Board.
8. Sackawa provides a bully-free environment. Any incident will be handled as per the Disciplinary Rules.
9. All members are expected to have proper footwear for all club activities. Shoes must be worn all the time, unless in boats. Water shoes are recommended for paddling and swimming. Running shoes are required for other recreation and training activities.
10. Club staff is responsible for the safe operation of programs, facilities and management of the club; Please be respectful of all instructors and do not interfere with their duties.
11. Please put all litter in the garbage cans and make sure no gum or food ends up in the water.
12. Parents must provide their children with UV protective clothing and/or sunscreen for them to use throughout the day. Staff is unable to apply sunscreen to participants but will monitor.
13. Only persons operating the canteen are allowed in that area.
14. Crew selection is the responsibility of the coaching staff.
15. Negative comments and offensive language are not permitted.
16. Respect all other athletes and Coaches.
17. No horse-play or running on or near the docks.
18. No paddling in the swimming area and no swimming in the paddling area.
19. Keep emergency access road clear of vehicles or obstructions. (This is the chained area to the left of the club looking towards the lake.)
20. If you need to use someone’s wharf to get back in your boat if you have tipped, we ask that you respect their property. Do not use their water slides, etc.
21. Staff and Board Members are not responsible for personal items lost or stolen from club premises or during offsite activities. Please label your child’s singlet (these should not be worn to the club, they are for regattas only) life jacket, bun and any personal belongings.
1. Swim only in designated area and when life guard is on duty.
2. No diving off the boat docks.
3. Limit number of people on swimming raft at one time.
4. No swimming under the docks or the swimming raft.
5. Absolutely no pushing/ play – fighting.
6. No food on or near the docks.
Sackawa enforces a zero tolerance policy for alcohol, drugs, vandalism and smoking.
1. Alcohol and Drugs: Zero tolerance. Any paddler found in possession or in action with these products will be immediately dismissed from the club and the program.
2. Vandalism: Any paddler found vandalizing property of Sackawa Canoe Club will also be dismissed from the program and will pay for any damages. Depending on the circumstances, action will be evaluated, and paddler may only be dismissed for the day and pay for any damages.
3. Smoking/Vaping: There is no smoking on the Sackawa Canoe Club premises, including inside vehicles during program times. Paddlers found smoking will be dismissed for the day and “Disciplinary Policy” listed below. Parents will be called and paddler will be dismissed for the day and potentially from the program.
Paddler Disciplinary Policy
SACKAWA ENFORCES A HANDS FREE POLICY. Depending on the severity of the offense, the disciplinary action will be determined by the board. If a paddler violates a policy or behaves in a manner that is considered inappropriate, the following procedures will be pursued:
1st offense – Verbal warning and a call to parents
2nd offense – Call to parents with possibility of suspension
3rd offense – Suspension or Termination
Additional IMPORTANT Information
- NOTE: Please use Firefox or MS Internet Explorer for this registration. Google Chrome currently has issues with our forms.
- NSF cheques will be subject to a $40.00 reinstatement fee.
- Paddlers under the age of 11 years are not to be left unsupervised before and after the program hours.
- Fees are non-refundable except for medical reasons (with medical certificate).
- Updates on club information and upcoming events are emailed to the address indicated on registration form. Please check email regularly.
- Registration shall not be considered complete until all fees have been paid in full and are due by the beginning of each program.